Wednesday 5 March 2008

Cast

In the end it was a mix of difficult and easy decisions.

There was only one person who auditioned for the lead role of Lord Arthur, and luckily he is emminently suitable for the part, so that was a shoe-in.

On the other hand, we had 12 ladies auditioning for 5 parts. And at least 5 of them put their names down for the role of Sybil. So that made a really tough choice.

With the help of my trusted advisors, though, I think we managed to choose the best candidates for each role. I certainly hope so anyway.

I've spend some time this week putting together a rehearsal schedule. It's a tricky task, trying to guess how many pages we will be able to work on each night in the early stages and splitting the text up into manageable chunks so that you don't have to call all the actors for every rehearsal. I think that I've just about managed it though.

Next big day is Sunday when we have our first read-through with the cast and we finally get down to proper rehearsals...

No comments: